Volunteer Onboarding Request
Complete a Volunteer Onboarding Request following these instructions:
1. Gather this required information before completing the request
- Primary Work Location
- Volunteer's Role
- Volunteer's Home ZIP Code
- Volunteer's Personal Email
- Volunteer's Birth Month/Day
- Volunteer's PIN
- Volunteer's Cell/Mobile Number
- Volunteer's Alternate Phone
- Acceptable Use Training complete and acknowledgement signed?
- Privacy Training complete and acknowledgement signed?
2. Verify existence of / or arrange for Volunteer to be entered into Salesforce
3. Submit the Volunteer Onboarding Request
4. Wait for an email from IT with volunteer's log in information and welcome materials.
- Volunteer must have taken the Acceptable Use, Privacy, and Confidentiality training courses in the Volunteer Learning Center and signed off on those statements of understanding.
- Start and End dates for the volunteer access to these applications are required and cannot be more than one year.
- Office location must be completed for volunteers that will be using ACS equipment.
- Access is granted based on volunteer roles, responsibilities, and needs.
- Volunteers who need access to Microsoft Office tools can access them on the Office 365 Web Portal
- If additional functions are needed, a business case and budget code must accompany the request. The Office 365 E5 license cost is $120. Other applications and software vary in cost.
- Please allow 10 business days for the approval and provisioning process.
- Volunteer computers are not backed up on Druva. All files should be stored on OneDrive for Business.
If you have questions, please contact ACSVolunteerCare@cancer.org. The instruction sheet for this process is located on the Volunteer Engagement page on Society Source, under Important Links, for distribution as needed to local staff.